Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year!

Things are starting to go smoother in our house. Jerrod isn't as sick, still sick, but not that bad. Thankfully Gideon has not gotten sick and we are keeping our fingers crossed that he won't. We are entering an intense time for with him for Adam and I. Gideon is almost 4 weeks old and it was at this age that Jerrod started having seizures. We are hoping to avoid that, and we have no reason to believe it will be repeated, but still a little nerve racking nonetheless.

I took some picture of him today that turned out pretty cute, it is amazing how quickly they grow!

I thought this pose was pretty cute, unforunately he also poked his eye while telling us peace.


He was looking at Jerrod in this picture.


I really like this one, he has a little smile! I think this will make it on the wall.
He fell asleep right after I took a few pictures. It's interesting to look at his hair and wonder what color it will be. The top looks pretty red, but like the picture a couple up the sides and back looks brown. We do have hope for red though because Drew was born with black curly hair, and Jerrod was bald, so none of our boys were born with red hair.


Drew lost his other bottom tooth, but he ended up swallowing it when it fell out. I told him he could draw a picture for the tooth fairy but he told me he didn't want to get any money if he didn't have a tooth for her. Pretty cute. He also started back to school yesterday and when I told him about it the night before he told me "that's ok I miss Mrs. Swain." That's his teacher. I need to tell her about it, it was so cute.

One more thing about Drew, on the not so cute note, he came home from school today saying "Oh my ___" nope not gosh. We had a big talk about how that makes Heavenly Father and Jesus sad, and we should only use their names to show them respect. We also talked about different words or phrases that he could use such as "Shoot", or "What the Heck". We'll see how it goes. I knew we would deal with this, everyone does, but in kindergarten! It's pretty early!

Jerrod has been super happy even though he's sick. His eyes stay super animated and he has started whispering instead of talking. I think this is because he liked the way he sounded a couple of days ago all raspy and was talking just to hear his voice, as well as using a loud voice everywhere he went. He is such a great kid!

I had a big change this week as well, well I guess we should say Adam and I had a big change. I was having a hard time being motivated for my masters program because the classes did not focus on people as much as I had hoped, and it did not help me develop the deeper understanding of individuals that I had envisioned. It was this knowledge that I felt would aid me in being a physician, and even if I choose a different route it would be marriage and family therapy where I would have to get a different masters degree. So this this compounded with with a new baby I decided to drop out of the program. This was especially hard because I was funded and got a paycheck from the time I spent as a teaching assistant. Because of this Adam is now looking for a full time job that will work around his PhD and enable our family to survive financially. He has had quite a few good leads, and even some very interesting economic jobs. I know something will work out, and he has another interview tomorrow (pretty fast for just deciding on Monday).

It also gives me the chance to focus more on getting back into shape after the baby. It is amazing the way a body changes during pregnancy, it just unfortunate that it takes so long to change back. I am trying to stay positive, it has been 3.5 weeks and I have dropped all but 5lbs. I'm not into all of my clothes because my tummy is still big, but it will go down, it just the patience thing I have a hard time with.

Our good friends the Winnetts had their third baby on New Years. We celebrated at their house and had a great time playing different gaming systems. We had a ps2, ps3, and a wii going. It was a lot of fun. Pretty soon after midnight she went into labor and Adam went down to watch their boys around 4. They had the baby pretty fast and were surprised by a little girl. I am so excited for them, and their little girl is so cute. At least now when we hang it there will be 3 girls to the 7 boys.

Speaking of the Winnets, Erek let us borrow his ps2 with guitar hero and here are the boys playing it tonight.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

great pictures..your boys are so cute! big decisions you've had to make.. my 3 kid was hard.. my parents always said the "even" numbered kids were tough.. the first, then the 3rd and then #5. when you get out numbered it is a bit of an adjustment.. it's not hard any more.. it didn't last long.. but at first having a 3rd little to take care of was an adjustment!
take care.. hope everyone stays well..