Gideon ended up getting the viral infection that has been plaguing Jerrod for the last two weeks. On Sunday night he did not sleep very well and I just assumed he was going to switch his whole schedule on us, you know the way babies like to. Monday he was pretty fussy and started sounding really congested, but no fever so I didn't worry about it too much. I was not comfortable letting him sleep by himself because of sleep apnea can happen easily at this young. Needless to say I was up all night except for a 90 minute nap I got from 5:30-7am when Adam stayed up with him. Right before I took my nap he started running a fever, but rather than run up to Primary's right away I thought I'd wait to call our pediatrician. When I called them at 8 they said to take him to the ER because of the fever. We got there at 10 and they did the series of tests: urine, blood, oxygen saturation, x-ray, and mucus sucking (they stick a tube down through their nose into their trachea and suck everything out).
The labs came back good, and everything pointed to a viral infection. It was what I expected, and the attending doc gave me the option of being admitted, or treating him at home. I hate sleeping at the hospital, so we went home. We are supposed to go back if he spikes a fever, lips or fingers start to turn blue, or if he needs another suctioning. So far he is doing as well as expected and hopefully we get over it soon, at least if it is mostly gone by Friday when Jerrod has his little surgery, I'm not sure if I can handle two really sick boys.
It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes because Adam goes to work all day, I have to take Drew and Jaycob to school, and then I have to take Gideon to our ped with Jerrod in tow. Hopefully we'll get a nap.
1 comment:
oh wow.. I am sorry amber.. I hope you get some more sleep, that can make a world of difference for sure.. take care, hope your littles get well soon!
Post a Comment