Sunday, May 9, 2010

Essay Winner

Drew's school had all of the kids write essays about why kids love books. Drew was the winner for the 2nd and 3rd grade. It is so fun to see his little personality and his sense of humor come out in his writing. I think this contest really helped him be more excited about writing, I am so impressed with him.

He had the opportunity to read his essay in front of the whole school on the same day as the play. Unfortunately we didn't know about it so we weren't there, but I got a copy of it and made him read it to our family. Here is the video and I'll type in the essay (with his spelling) afterward in case you have a hard time hearing it.





Why do Children love books so much? Whell I'll tell you why. I have three reasons why. #1 Because there like its frind that is becauas they take kids on jurneys in there mind. For example your reading a book about a lion and it takes jurney to Africa. #2 For kids that are waiting for Amarican football it makes time fly for them for example when I whate I read a book. #3 For kid that like death. The cool thing abaut books is that most books have a mixter of romantik and death for example when I read star wars books theres a mixter of romantik and death. People that read this I hope you like it. The End

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that essay! Great Job Drew!