Friday, May 14, 2010

crafting

So something about having a little girl has really invoked my craftiness. Luckily I haven't been in school full-time (just a couple of online classes) and not working so I have filled up my time with these:

I made this quilt for Sammie while I was pregnant. This is my first attempt at a quilt and while it's not perfect I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Here it is after quilting it and before adding the binding.




Here it is completely finished with the cute baby enjoying it :)

Another shot of it.

I also made Gideon a quilt. The blocks are done as a disappearing nine patch. You can find a tutorial for it here. The green is minky which is also on the bottom of the quilt. It's super soft and warm. I didn't get a picture of it before Gideon was in bed going to sleep but the picture's more fun with a cute kiddo.


After I finished Gideon's quilt I really wanted to make a quilt for Adam's and my bed so I got my friend Deborah Bore to go material shopping with me. All of the fabric for my quilt is still in a box but I found this cute vintage fabric. I really love it and made this pinwheel quilt for Sammie to lay on while having tummy time. I love the bright colors it has.
I have also made a cute baby carrier that I'm not going to post until it's delivered to it's recipient but I did make this cute little ribbon blanket for Sammie. You can find a tutorial for it here.  It has minky and the fabric with the dots in the top left corner is corduroy so it has different textures. I really like how it turned out. The other three fabrics are from modas Tweet Tweet line which I love.



I also have another quilt top finished ready to be pinned and quilted and another project halfway cut out. Now to finish them so I can start on the quilt that I initially planned for Adam and I. :)

4 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

wow! Those are all such cute blankets! Someday I would like to venture out and make something big like that! You did an Awesome job!

sukie said...

Dang!!! I wanted to see the carrier!! haha

You are super crafty!!

Cheryl said...

They turned out way cute! We'll have to get together sometime and quilt.

lisa winnett said...

Very cute quilts. Your going quilt crazy! I can't wait to see the one you make for you and Adam.