My kids have been so funny lately so I wanted to post a few of them.
Gideon:
everytime we're in the car this is our conversation
Gideon: Mommy (if I don't respond immediately this repeats x times until I do)
Me: Yes
Gideon: Ummmmmm Bad Guys! Hahaha
He thinks he is so funny, and lets be honest he kinda is. Occasionally he says good guys but it's usually bad guys with his hysterical laugh afterwards.
Jerrod, this boy is quite a character. He loves to talk to Sammie and a few weeks ago I was listening in. He's really cute and leans in and speak with a "baby" voice to her generally while he is stroking her face or holding her hand.
Jerrod: "Sammie you are getting so big, yes you are. You are getting to be a big girl. Yes you are, pretty soon you'll get your penis."
Yes he really said that, so funny. This was followed but our 100th conversation about how boys have penis and are born with them and girls are not. Girls don't grow them when they get bigger. This has been a hard concept for him, and he still thinks he's going to grow up to be a mommy first and then a daddy because mommy's are smaller than daddys.
Drew is our timid and shy boy. He isn't quite as outgoing with his silly comments but they are still there. The other day he was the only boy with me in the car (Sammie was there but she is nice and quiet) and I was asking him how he felt about Adam working from home.
Me: So are you excited for dad to be at home more?
Drew: No
Me: Why not?
Drew: Because it makes it harder to sneak (very matter of fact)
Me: Sneak? Where do you sneak?
Drew: Well you know, when you tell us to get ready for bed I like to sneak back and look at you guys, or sometimes I'll sneak away and read a book instead of cleaning my room. If both of you guys are around it will be harder to sneak because I'll have two people to hide from. (he was using his hands to explain this as well)
Me: Well I guess I'll watch you better
Isn't that funny? He thinks he pulls a fast one on me all the time, the little stink.... um I mean sneaker.
Now to see what Sammie comes up with when she gets bigger because girls are smarter than boys. At least that is what I tell her every day. :)
4 comments:
Your kids are hilarious. We LOVE having Jerrod in primary! We're going to miss his funny comments.
Thanks for sharing your kids comments and for making me smile!
they are adorable:-)
Jerrod's comment is hilarious.. that is awesome you are recording all that- they'll love it someday.. hopefully!
sammie is adorable.. love her name.. sorry to have missed so many posts.. i love to see what your family is up to.
your quiliting is impressive.
good luck with your upcoming move- so super exciting! where are you going again? I rememebr you told me once, i know it's in CA- but I don't remember where...
anyway..
good luck with all you have going on- take care of yourself!
Post a Comment