Most of you know that Drew goes to a charter school called the Dual Immersion Academy. At school he learns both Spanish and English. He has been there since Kindergarten and it has been so much fun to watch his education develop with the added aspect of another language as well as the additional culture it has provided for him. There are only a handful of "white" kids in his class and I love that! At school they had a celebration for day of the children where parents were invited to come and eat lunch with the students. I ended up going with all of the kiddos so that was fun and a challenge. Here are some pictures of lunch.
After the picture Drew asked that I don't put it on the internet, HaHa! I guess it's his lucky day :)
Here's a more normal picture of the boy.
Here is Jerrod, he was so excited to come to Drew's school!
Gideon decided he wanted more crackers and was sad when I told him they were all gone.
A couple of days later Drew's class put on a play called Jacques Cousteau (no I didn't know how to spell it, thanks Lisa for having it on your blog :) It was all in Spanish so I didn't understand anything, except for the tune of undersea from the little mermaid. They all did a great job and it was so much fun to watch them.
Here's Drew peeking through before they started.
Drew was seaweed in the play doesn't he looked thrilled? He is pretty timid and doesn't like everybody watching him.
Drew and was very occupied with twirling the yarn, it's an important job you know?!?!?!?! He also stood off to the side the whole time, silly boy!
Here is the class.
Drew's best friend, Jaycob, was Jacque. Jaycob really did awesome.
Here's Drew with his teacher Ms. Kenna. Drew comes home most days talking about what a great teacher she is. I am so glad he has had such a positive experience this year at school.
1 comment:
OH, so fun! I had to steal some of your pictures from the play. Drew made me laugh. The picture with the two of them is so cute. I'm glad you got that one.
Post a Comment