Saturday, December 29, 2007

Zoo

On Thursday we went to the Zoo with Adam's family. It was very cold, but the boys had a lot of fun. I have borrowed a wrap thing from Carly for Gideon which worked very well at the zoo. We kept him warm by two layers of clothes, 3 layers of cloth from the wrap and a blanket, not to mention he was right up against me.

The zoo redid the elephant exhibit a coupe of years ago and it is awesome, but part of the upgrade is this big metal elephant. When it's warmer it hums a sing and blows water and air out of his nose. Last summer when we went with Jerrod he got sprayed and since has been scared of it. We put him on the nose for a picture, but as you can tell he is not very happy. He also would not stay on long enough to get a picture with Grant, his cousin.

Here is Drew and Grant.


Drew was quite the camera man on the outing. He took lots of great pictures.


This picture did not turn out that great, but I was trying to get a picture of Jerrod kissing the python through he glass. Yes he did this on his own, crazy boy!


This was a huge tortoise in the rain forest area. He was right up to the rope barrier so Adam got really close, like inches, and took this picture.


Overall it was a fun trip, and thankfully there were a lot of buildings we could go in to warm up and still look at animals. On the way out I was hoping to stop by the food area to try one of their deep fried smores but Jerrod had an accident so we were running for the gate. Maybe next time.

4 comments:

Lauralee said...

gross on the python.. I have never heard of the zoo in the snow! how brave of you guys! that elephant sounds fun.. but a little scary for a little one!

The Miller's said...

Oh my goodness! Deep fried smores sounds so good!

The Miller's said...

Was this the Hogle Zoo? I LOVE that zoo!

Amber said...

Yep, the Hogle Zoo. It's super close to our house so it's nice an convenient. We live about a mile away, I actually go for runs around it, well when I'm working out which needs to start soon. ;)

I think we may have to go back soon for the smores.