Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines

Yesterday was the 8th Valentine day Adam and I have spent together. We didn't do much, but I loved it. Adam was at school most of the day, but went out for a little bit to get me some See's chocolates. He got me a box full of my favorite kind which is butterscotch squares. They are soooooooo good. He also got a box of mixed chocolates for the family. I got some chocolate dipped strawberries, so we were set with wonderful treats. We traded babysitting with Erek and Lisa. They took Drew and Jerrod so we could go out to dinner at Ruby Rivers, a wonderful steakhouse, and we will watch their boys on Monday to give them a date.

It was so nice to enjoy a nice dinner without worrying about the boys while being able to enjoy one another's company and talk about life. We tend to get so busy with all of the things we have going that our relationship tends to get put on the back burner too often. Well there it is, over 8 years together, 3 kids, 9 apartments, lots of education and jobs and I still love the guy. Crazy huh? Just kidding, it never ceases to amaze me how much my love grows for Adam every day, and I love that we were able to go through all of life's ups and downs over the last several years and rather than creating a divide, have made us closer. I love you honey, and thanks for everything you do for us!

2 comments:

lisa winnett said...

I'm glad you had a great day and that you got out. I can't wait til it's our turn on Monday!!

Becca Jane said...

Do you usually just run around here? I haven't 'perfected' my route yet.