Friday, February 29, 2008

Posting Again

So as you all have probably noticed I have not posted much in the last little bit. I have felt pretty overwhelmed by the the funerals and not quite ready to post again until now. So our family went up to little Alaina's funeral. It was so sad, but I am really glad we went. We got to visit with family and it was a good testimony builder for me. It was such a contrast to be with my Uncle's family as they were going through this, to the emotions I had when I was alone. When I think about how it would feel to lose a child it is so overwhelming and I my emotions are completely out of control, and I am not trying to say that parents who have lost a child don't feel this because I am sure they do. But when I was around Jason and Christine and their family there was a sense of calmness and peace. It was still so sad, but you could feel the love of our Savior and the peace the gospel brings. I hope that makes some sense, it probably seems a little jumbled because I am having a hard time expressing my feelings, but there it is.

I also want to say really quick how much I admire the strength that I have seen Jason and Christine, and Alex and Andy exhibit. I am impressed by their faith and understanding in the Lord's plan.

Here's a quick picture I got of all the kid's playing at my Uncle Bill's.

After the funeral we drove up to my dad's and spend Friday with him. Friday was also Jerrod's birthday but I'll do another post in a minute with that. It was nice to see them, and we went over to my grandparents for dinner. After dinner the boys watched Pete's Dragon and hung out. Both Jerrod and Gideon crashed with their great-grandparents holding them. It was pretty cute!Here is Grandma with Gideon, she was excited to see her newest great-grandson. They are such great grandparents. They send out boys packages of books every month or two, and make it a point to visit us once or twice a year. We love spending time with them.
Jerrod just cozied right up. This was so cute because he rarely ever takes naps anymore, and for him to feel some comfortable with grandma was awesome.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings, I appreciate your feelings,it is hard to write or even talk about. Thanks for coming up, that's such a long trip, especially with 3 little boys. (They are so cute and so well behaved!) It was so good to be together to try to cope with what happened and try to heal. Jason and Christine are amazing--great examples of relying on the Lord.