Thursday, April 17, 2008

Update on life

I hate having to try to catch up on awhile of not blogging, but since I was a slacker here it goes. So the reason for my delay was I was working like crazy in getting things made and ready for the little online store we started. You can see a little blurp about it in the post below, but it's been crazy. Also the time has coincided with the garden plots I am in charge of for resident council. We have two garden areas and there are 60 plots in the east village, and 170 in the west. I am in charge of getting them all ready and distributed. Which means making the application, ensuring they get copied and in the main office with instructions so they can get them filled out. Creating a spreadsheet with all of the applications and randomizing it for distribution. Staking out both gardening areas, and then organizing the distribution day. Overall it went pretty smoothly. I had a lot of volunteers which were so awesome, and my wonderful family who always helps me out. I have to admit I am so glad they are done, and that I have a whole year until they come around again.

We went to the doctors for Gideon's 4 month check-up and boy is growing! He weighed in at 15lbs 1oz which is 53% (lighter than his brothers), was 26 1/8th inches long which is 89 (a little bit behind his brothers, but not much) and his head measured at 16 3/4 inches which is 56%. He got a couple of vaccinations, and unfortunately had a double ear infection. The poor guy, I thought something was off, but he wasn't running a fever and just wasn't quite as smiley. He is such a happy baby! We are so blessed to have him in our home.

He also got to start eating some rice cereal, and sometimes he likes it. He doesn't seem to like it as much the ice cream his daddy feeds him, but who would blame him?

We got a couple of awesome days here, one about 70 and one 76. We took the time to enjoy them, which was good because the next day it snowed :( The first day we went to the skate park with the Winnett boys. It was so much fun. It's neat to see how much better the boys are getting at riding their bikes (I'm including Adam and Erek in that too, since they get on their little BMX bikes with their boys) It is so cute to see such great involved dad's whose kids love to play with them. Hopefully that will continue as the kids get older.





On Monday Drew had it off from school so we went to the zoo with the Winnetts. It was fun, and really busy. We had fun looking at all of the animals and Gideon slept through another zoo trip bundled up in his wrap. After the zoo Adam and Erek mountain biked over to Erek's work and ate the point in the Huntsman Cancer Institute. He worked up there in a cell lab. Me and Lisa were a little big jealous because the point has awesome food. If you ever have to eat up at the hospitals (primary's, UofU, Moran, or Huntsman) take the time to go to the point, you won't be disappointed, especially for hospital food. So we stopped and got out kids fast food and had a little picnic in our court. Not nearly as good as the point, but the kids were happy.


Drew is doing really well at his violin. I am so proud of him. We have a recital on Sunday, so I'll try to take a little video of him and post it. He is also getting really good at reading. He reads me one or two stories every night. It is a little bitter sweet to watch him grow up. I miss my little boy, but I'm so proud of the boy/man he is becoming. He is so sensitive and friendly. He goes out of his way to play with everyone, and would rather have fun that win. I hope he is able to keep that quality as he grows.

Jerrod, what to say about this little boy. He is so busy! He does the cutest things, but because he does not stay in one place too long he tends to get into a lot of trouble. Last week he pulled over our little food cabinet on him. He broke the flour and corn meal canisters, dumped a bunch of my seedlings, not to mention the piles of food he was under. Luckily I keep the canned goods in a different area. So after this he was playing on the top bunk and fell off. Then the next morning he pulls the cabinet over again! It was a long couple of days. But he is also so sweet. He comes over and tells me how much he loves me, and gives me hugs and kisses that just melt you heart. Yesterday Adam and I went out to lunch with him to Ming's Garden (a great little Chinese restaurant off of Highland) and he got this fortune. It's so awesome, it says "Good things come to those who wait. Be patient." I'm pretty sure that if you look up the opposite of patient you will find Jerrod so how fitting. It gave us a good laugh. He continues to go and go until he crashes, here is the latest picture of him crashing. They were watching a show before dinner.

Well there is an overview of our life of late.

1 comment:

Becca Jane said...

Good job doing all the garden plots! You're amazing, Amber! Gideon is getting so big, and so cute! I LOVE Hogle Zoo, I could go every day! Cameron loves the train ride. I have a feeling we'll be there A LOT this summer! That's awesome that Drew is learning the violin, I'd love to hear him! You have such a great family!