So we packed up our family and left Salt Lake City to move to Claremont California so I could attend medical school. Moving was quite an emotional experience for all of us. Before we left we were able to spend some time with family and friends. Unfortunately the only pictures I got were with the Winnetts. We went out with them twice before we moved. The Sunday before we moved we went out to 5 guys burgers & fries. One of our favorite burger joints in Salt Lake. Here are some pictures of the crew.
Here is Erek, Lisa, and Bella.
Gideon wasn't feeling very well so we didn't get any pictures of him :( That night Drew and Jerrod got to spend the night at their house, they had so much fun.
We have loved living so close to the Winnetts, over the last 4 years we have all become best friends. I have to admit of all of our friends and family I think Erek, Lisa, and their cute kiddos will be the most missed. We hung out with them so often and for Adam it was the first time he had a best friend who really had his back.
We had a lot of help loading the truck with Erek and bunch of Elders from the ward coming to donate their time and muscle. Thanks guys! Kari and Annie helped me tons in cleaning and packing up the little stuff. It got to the point where I was just kinda walking in circles and they were doing the work. Thanks so much girls I don't know what I would have done without your help!
We finished up the last little bit of stuff on Wednesday and Kari and the Winnetts came over to help us finish cleaning. After saying goodbye to our friends in the court we went out to lunch with the Winnetts. It was such a bitter-sweet experience.
Here is Jerrod and Erek. Jerrod was so attached to Erek, when he was helping us load the stuff from storage he kept asking him if he would come live at our house and he could have Adam's and my bed. The goofball, if he's going to give up a bed he needs to give up his own :)
Here are some of the boys being silly
And all of the boys.
And all of the girls (I know they outnumber us almost 2:1)
We love you guys and can't wait for you to come out for grad school in So Cal (at least that is what we're hoping for!)
While we were driving to California Gideon kept getting a sad face and asking "home? home?". It was so sad to watch. He didn't like all of the changes, and lets be honest I don't think anyone does in the middle of it. Jerrod got extra whiny and Drew had a few break downs with tears missing everything from home. I have felt really guilty about dragging my family away from our friends and family so I could attend school. While Adam has been sad he has really held us together reassuring everyone. He keeps reminding me that we have wanted to leave Utah for a long time and if we weren't leaving for my school we would have left for his work.
We got to our new apartment on thursday and were expecting our belongings to arrive the next day. My dad flew in from Washington to help us unload and get settled. Unfortunately our truck did not get there until Sunday (sooooo frustrating). To help fill in the time we ran a bunch of errands and went to the beach one day. Here are some pictures of huntington beach. The waves were crazy high and Drew and Adam had so much fun. Adam and my dad had to hold the boys up to keep them from getting knocked over by the waves. A couple times Drew went over by himself and would get knocked down and the wave pushed him into the beach.
Here they are going out for more.
Here they are bracing for another wave.
Adam had to hold Drew up for this one while my dad and Jerrod head for shore.
Gideon didn't enjoy the waves much and spent his time playing on the sand.
Here's Sammie's first trip to the beach. It was pretty windy so she didn't like it much but I know she will once she gets bigger.
Jerrod got cold and wanted to warm up playing in the sand.
It was so nice having my dad out to help us. We felt so alone without knowing anyone and having him there made us all feel better. Thanks so much for coming out dad and spending time with us. We love you!
3 comments:
Oh We miss you guys too! I'm glad you are finally getting settled and that you were able to get out an have a fun day at the beach. Now I want to see pictures of your new place.
first of all- LOVE your new family picture- so cute! your hair is adorable Amber!
second- super awesome of your dad to go down to help you out! SWEET!
third- good luck with the transition! moves are always hard- for me they are always way more tough emotionally than physically..
hang in there- good luck with school! that is super exciting... one of my cousins on the "other" side- her husband just finished his first year of med school and she had to have brain surgery during his last term... pretty crazy- huh? but they made it!
Go AMBER!
I hope you settle down into your new area just fine and that you makes lots of new great friends.
Post a Comment