Sunday, June 27, 2010

End of School

I was able to go to Drew's school a couple of times during the last week to help out. The first was a school fund raiser. They held a walk-a-thon where kids would get money sponsors at a flat rate or for how many laps they walked. Drew told me he was going to walk at least 5 laps and maybe 10. Because Adam and I were slackers we were the only ones who donated. I told Drew I would give him $2 per lap and Adam gave him $1 per lap. Drew ended up walking 16 laps, and it was only less than 20 because he got a bloody nose. The little stinker made some decent money for his school and his parents a little poorer.

Here's Jaycob, Sam, and Drew with their punch cards.
 Drew taking a break as they lined up for lunch. His teacher, Ms Kenna, is doing a dance while waiting for the rest of her students.


At the end they had the firetruck come and spray down the kiddos, not a mom's favorite but the kids loved it!
Three really wet boys!

The second was a school field trip to the Copper Mine. Jerrod was able to tag along with Sammie of course since she can't be that far away from her food source. The school used a bus for the kids, but because I had the two other kiddos with me we drove while Drew opted for the bus. We had never been there before and it was fun to look in the big pit. The best part by far was being able to be with Drew and watch him interact with his friends.

Drew with some of the classmates, his teacher Ms Kenna and the teacher's aid Ms Isabel.  Jerrod loved being involved!
And here's the great big hole :)


We went to a park for lunch afterwards and the kids were able to play. After lunch some of the kids started playing soccer. Jerrod saw them and had to run over and play. It was fun to see him keep up with second graders. I think he may have been taller than a few of them as well. I swear I took pictures of it but I don't think they saved :(

Here are the last pictures of Drew with Ms Kenna.
Jerrod had to get in on the action as well. He keeps telling me that she is his teacher too. I really wish she would come out to Cali and keep teaching my boys, they all love her.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

handsome boys!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

handsome boys!!!!!!!!!!