This week we made a goal of not going out to eat. Usually we'll go out 2 or more times a week. For example last week Adam and I went to moochies once, McDonalds drive through with the kids, ordered pizza, and Crown Burger. This unfortunately is pretty normal for us and quite a bit of our $ goes to eating out when we have lots of food at home. So we made a list and are trying some fun dinners.
For one I had a pork roast and I wanted to try and make some sweet pork like Cafe Rio. I had done it before, and while it was good it wasn't fabulous so I went searching for recipes and stumbled on this site http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/
Totally awesome! I made the pork, rice, beans, and salad dressing and it honestly tasted so much like it. I even had some friends come over and try it out and it's a new favorite. Also I am excited to try their sticky fingers recipe this week.
Anyways give it a try :)
3 comments:
So I went to the site, but I couldn't find that pork recipe, would you mind emailing it to me?
I need to try that recipe! Thanks for the web site. I was able to find it by searching for Pork roast on that site.
Oooh! I'm excited to try it out. Good for you for trying to cook more at home. Before we set our budget, I remember we spent a ton on eating out. You don't realize how much you spend until you're looking at an empty bank account and nothing to show for it! (Besides a few extra pounds!) Just so you know, I think I have bronchitis again. I'm going to head down to Instacare when Jake gets home. Hopefully with a few days on antibiotics I'll be able to run Saturday. I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment