Friday, November 28, 2008

Unspoken Rule: Sick kids always puke after baths

We gave Gideon a bath and it was so nice to have him smell good again. I put him in this cute little gown and he was happy playing. He slipped while playing and got his bandage on his neck all wet as well as his IV site. So we were getting ready to redress them and then he promptly puked all over us :(

Happy baby is no longer smelling pretty. He is due for meds, but he only has oral meds written and I'm worried about giving them so I asked the nurse to call to see if he could get some IV but it didn't sound like she was going to. We'll see. He wore himself out and is currently sleeping.

While the bandage was off I was able to get a picture of his incision. It looks pretty good and you can see the area where the drain was. Caution if you get sick easily you may not want to look.


3 comments:

The AngelArk said...

Amber, I'm so sorry that you have had to go through this! I am relieved that the little guy is going to be ok. I can't imagine being told the things you had to deal with over the last few days. I have been reading in shock! It sounds like your family has had more than it's fair share of trials this week. Hang in there and let me know if I can help.

Lauralee said...

oh amber.. what a weekend.. so glad he is doing better.. what a scary time! poor baby.. poor mom and sound like adam didn't have it too easy at home either!

hope you are getting some rest and everyone is doing better!
take care!

lisa winnett said...

Oh poor Gideon! I'm glad he is doing better. I hope you are back home. We love you guys and he is in our prayers.