Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Being 28. . . and bunnies

On the 16th I turned 28. As time goes by my birthday seems less and less significant and I really just want to use the time to spend with friends and family. So that is what our weekend was packed with. I started classes the beginning of the week, and on Friday I was in class from 9:40-11:35 with anatomy and then started again at 12:55-5 for field botany. It was a very long day. For my break Adam came by and took me out to lunch at paradise bakery which was a lot of fun. After class I rushed home, fed Gideon and then we took Drew to his kindergarten play. They did a spanish play and each grade level did something in it. It was pretty cute.

The kindergarten class did a bunny dance, which consisted of them looking cute with little tails and ears and playing duck duck goose really quietly while loud spanish music played. Here are some fun pictures:


Before the play the class hung out in their class room. Jaycob is in the center and you can see drew behind him and to the left.
Look at their cute bunny tails!
Jerrod wanted a brown nose and freckles too!
My camera was dying during the play so the pictures didn't turn out very well, but here it is. You can see Drew standing up in the right of the picture.
On Saturday I went to the gym (check the getting healthy blog for more updates), then we planted our garden. After that Adam took me out to dinner. We went to Monsoon Thai and had a wonderful dinner without kids. It is so nice to be alone together, and have a conversation without all of the little interruptions that are Drew, Jerrod, and Gideon.

On Sunday I got a new calling at church. I am the Enrichment counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. It will be a lot of fun, and I am excited to serve the sisters in the ward. Another aspect of it that I am thrilled out is working with the presidency. Tammy is the president and Annie (Drew's violin teacher) is the other counselor and my friend Lauren is the secretary. They are all such great girls and I can't wait to get to know them better.

After church we had my party. Our family came first and we had dinner and presents. After an hour we had friends from the court come and play games. Adam brought over two of our TV's and we had a the Wii and gamecube going as well as board games and a pinata for the kids. Here are some fun pictures of it and thank you everyone for coming!

The boys playing gamecube, it kept them busy most of the evening.
Adam, his brother Richie, and their dad Al with guitar hero, which by the way is one of the best games of all time!
Adam's mom, grandma, and siblings playing phase 10.
Grant giving the pinata the first good hit!
Here's Katelyn Crane, she wasn't quite sure if she should really hit it hard!
Jerrod knew what to do!
Here's Carter, Jerrod couldn't get enough of watching everyone hit it!
Jaycob swinging, notice Jerrod is is the same spot.
Drew trying to open it up.
It finally broke when Al gave it a big swing.
Here are some of our friends hanging out.
Here's Jason Treguboff, he would have sit there all day playing if we let him.
Overall it was a great weekend and thank you everyone for all that you did!

3 comments:

Annie said...

It all looks like SO much fun! I wish we could have made it to the party on Sunday. We love the bunny costumes too!

The Bloxham Family said...

Happy Birthday Amber,

You are a young pup :)
I'm glad you had a good day, We miss doing things like that with friends!

Congrats on your calling you are going to have so much fun, That was a good memory for me!

lisa winnett said...

So fun. I'm glad you had a great birthday we had fun celebrating with you! Please send me the pictures from the school play!