Monday, May 26, 2008

Awesome weekend

So you now obviously know that I have made the change to private if you are reading this. It is such a pain getting the emails all in, but now it's done so life is good right?
We got Wii fit over the weekend, and it is awesome. Anyone else try it? It's pretty fun, you can do strength training, aerobics, balance, and yoga. One of the best things is that the boys love it so they play video games while working up a sweat. If you want to try it out let me know!

On Saturday we went up Millcreek canyon to collect plants in flower for my field botany class. We got close to 20 and they are now sitting in a plant press and in plastic bags. I have to finish iding the ones in the bag so I can through them away and finish up my labels. The class is only 5 weeks long, which is awesome, but I it also means I have to be on the ball to get it done early.

After we finished in the mountains we went out to lunch at Ruth's diner with our friends Annie and Mike. It was so much fun, my boys love being around them so much. Here are a few cute pictures.

Here's Jerrod singing us a song on the little stage they have.Gideon with his Daddy.
Here is Annie and Jerrod having an intense conversation with Mike in the background.
Sunday was a crazy day for me. I'm not exactly sure what happened to a day of rest, but I also loved what I was busy doing. After church I got to go visiting teaching with two wonderful sisters in my ward. I love going to visit them! Visiting Teaching is really such a great opportunity to learn the gospel and build great friendships at the same time. After the two appointments we had an enrichment meeting to finalize the plans for the quarterly activity and the other classes through the month of June. And then after that I had the opportunity to go with the rest of the RS presidency to visit the new sisters in the ward and then have a quick little meeting to try and get us all together on our plans.

Now I'm sure many of you are thinking if we ended there it would be a full day, but no we had another fun opportunity to go and hear Drew have a violin recital. Because it was Memorial day it ended up only being him and another girl. It was great though because they were able to play more songs and have it be low key and fun. Here are some fun pictures of him playing.

Here is Drew playing, he is so serious, but does such a great job.

Here is Drew and Lauren playing a song together. It was amazing, they didn't have a piano to keep them together, but did it perfectly the whole time.
And here is my trouble. This picture was taken right as I was trying to watch Drew. One of the best parts of the night was when he ran over the Annie and spilled his Junior Mints all over her while Drew was playing. I couldn't stop laughing, the little stinker.To finish off the weekend the Elder's quorum puts on a breakfast on Memorial day in the court. Adam volunteered to help and was out there by 7:30. Me and the boys chose to sleep. Drew got up first and went out and played with his friends and ate, then Jerrod got up and decided he wanted to play Wii Fit and did that for about an hour while Gideon and I slept. It was nice to be able to rest.

Then at 12 Annie and Mike watched our 3 boys so Adam and I could go out to lunch which was so nice to be alone! I miss having time with just Adam. Then we hurried and picked them up and went to a movie with the Winnetts. We saw Speed Racer and it was so much fun to watch Drew and Jaycob watch the movie. They got so into it. Overall it was a wonderful busy weekend, and in a way I am looking forward to the regular week to get a routine again!

5 comments:

Annie said...

GREAT post! I love it! Such fun stories. I will always think of Jerrod when I see Junior Mints now;) I need to post those cute pictures with the boys at our place yesterday. So much fun. Love you guys!

Alex said...

Thanks for adding us! That's cool your boys are playing the violin.

Michelle Claire said...

Hey Amber! I'm going private too... just FYI! Check out my blog...

Michelle Claire said...

Hey Amber... Melissa left a message on her blog asking to be invited to your blog! I don't know if you saw it so I just wanted to let you know, just in case! She wasn't sure how to get a hold of you... thanks Amber!

Melissa said...

Thanks for inviting me amber! So I've been wanting Wii Fit, but waiting for someone I know to test it first. So you like it?