Drew's school is in the news. It's actually a pretty depressing story in that the children are being hurt by stupid contractors. I remember before school started that they were supposed to have all of the building finished by the end of October I believe, well here it is almost Dec 1st and the kids are eating lunch in a tent. If you don't want to read all of it make sure you check out the 2nd picture. That's little drew with his coat on walking out of the tent, it's too bad he always puts his hood on so it's hard to tell if it's him or not.
We went to pick him up early today because we were out and they were getting tons of calls from TV stations to get them on the news. Hopefully it will put pressure on the people that need it to get the job done. The guy in the article, Ferrin, used to be a representative when Adam did an internship at the legislative session back in 2001 and he said he was pretty awful to deal with. I guess the guy is overly conservative and would sponsor bills that, if passed, would make people conform to his ideals. For example he would be behind a bill that would say abortion is illegal regardless of the condition of the mother. Now I don't want to start any debates, and I personally feel that abortion is wrong in any situation, but I do not believe I have the ability nor right to impose my beliefs on others, especially in situations like mother's health, incest, and rape. Ok enough ranting, enjoy the pictures of drew!
No comments:
Post a Comment