Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Craziness at the Vesters

So I really don't have much time, or like the post before pictures, but here is what has been going on in our house lately that I still need to blog about, or won't but here it is anyways :)

  • We went camping with the Winnetts and I broke my hard and fast rule about not camping with babies under 1. It was a lot of fun, but I also did not get a chance to sleep either night (reason for the rule). We went mountain biking, swimming, played in the mud, and the highlight was Lisa showing us how to melt glass in the fire. The kids were in bed first thankfully, and wow we got a huge hot fire for it.
  • I got my medical school application in! Yep I did it and I have applied for about 15 schools total and have already started on some secondaries. It is quite the process and hopefully someone wants to let me in. By the way I wrote a pretty awesome personal statement in my opinion and if you want to read it let me know and I'll send it over.
  • Gideon crawls everywhere, has gotten 2 teeth, and another 2 are about ready to break through. Hopefully soon so we can get back to sleeping. He is growing so fast and has started throwing tantrums when things aren't going his way along with some separation anxiety but we that's part of being a parent.
  • Adam passed one of his field exams and is waiting to hear about the other one. He feels really good about it, and if he passed then he gets to start working on his dissertation! He is hoping to finish it this year so moving for medical school will be a little bit easier.
  • I started volunteering at the hospital in the surgery waiting room and while most of it has been great I was on shift when a teenage girls came in on a trauma and died on the table. I then had to watch and help her family which was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I can't even explain the emotions I had when I watched a mom be told her daughter did not survive the surgery. A very sobering experience.
  • I started working part time at UNI, which is a psych hospital for the U. I am working a few graves a week and it's intense, but also very fun to be a hospital setting. I love being in the medical field, although I'm pretty sure I don't want to work in Psych.
  • School started again for Drew, he has the same teachers as last year which is good for my little sensitive boy. No not kindergarten again, but his teachers moved up to 1st grade and he is in class with Jaycob which they love.
  • Jerrod started pre-school this week. He is in headstart and totally loves it! In fact his first day he forgot to say bye to Adam because he was too excited to finally be at school. I am so impressed with my little guy. He is such a social being and really thrives in social environments.
  • My dad came to visit! It was so much fun to have him here for Drew's birthday. He also was such a big help, on Tuesday he watched Jerrod and Gideon while I was in class, then helped with a little boy I watch on Tuesday, and then he even went and picked up Jerrod from school when Adam forgot and didn't come home in time. Thanks dad and we really enjoyed being with you!
Ok I know I missed things but our lives are crazy busy and that is what I can remember right now.

4 comments:

jamieleighcall said...

I would love to read your personal statement so send it over! Congrats on getting your med school applications in. Can't wait to hear about all the many schools who will be accepting you!

What brought the teenager into the ER? How sad for her family.

How are you handling all this craziness? I couldn't imagine having three kids, applying for med school, working outside of the home, and doing all the other stuff you do. Superwoman!

Lauralee said...

so sad about that girl dieing.. what a tough thing to deal with.. exciting about med school.. and all you have going on!
good to hear from you again!

Paul and Susan said...

I enjoyed catching up on you and your family. You are very ambitious, good for you! Your boys are handsome and lucky to have a mom like you.

jenny said...

k am-ready for some pics:-)
love ya-mom