Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ice Skating and Skateboards!

The last week we have "Family Week" for resident council. A short explanation I am the Facilities Representative on Resident Council for the University Student Married Housing Apartments. I ran mostly to increase my leadership experiences for medical school, but I really enjoy the opportunity to get to know residents and provide services to meet their needs. Each month the programs rep and her committee plan events for the residents and during October it's called Family week. There was bowling one night, Harry Potter and the Order the Phoenix was showed another night, and on Saturday it was ice skating. We were really excited because Drew has been taking skating lessons so he can play hockey. They are required to take a series of 4 lessons I believe before they can do hockey and it was awesome to get some ice time in during the week. Jerrod was not so fond of it and only lasted about 15 minutes before he was done.




Adam helping Jerrod stay on his feet.










Drew and Adam kept having races, Drew would skate across the rink while Adam went around the end. It helped Drew start to glide more and get comfortable with a little bit of speed.



Jerrod wanted met to take pictures of him while we were waiting for the older boys to be finished. This is his silly face, he's so cute!



We decided to get Jerrod a reward for being potty trained and he chose a skate board. This is how he was "riding" it yesterday. He has now started trying to stand on it in the house, but he loved going down this hill on his belly.



Jerrod was up really late on Tuesday night, I'll explain in a minute, but he was so tired after being up late and skateboarding that he feel asleep standing up while Adam and Drew played Star Wars games on the game cube. When I came back from my resident council meeting this is how I found them.



Tuesday night was a late night for all of us unfortunately. On Monday I started having strong contractions and was leaking something. Adam called the midwife while I was in class and she said that I should go to the hospital to be checked since I am only 33 weeks. Well I hate, and I mean hate going to the hospital when it's not time for a baby so I went home, took some tylenol pm and went to bed. During the day on Tuesday my underwear was staying dry so I didn't worry about it, well that afternoon everything started being wet again and I was having a lot of back pain. Adam put his foot down and said we were going to the hospital, so off we went. My wonderful mom came over at 8:30 and took care of the boys while we trekked off.

Well everything is fine, my membrane has not ruptured, and they monitored us for an hour and while I had contractions they were not really regular so they did not give us meds to stop them and sent us home. The nurse told me they weren't going to diagnose me with pre-term labor, but still gave me the restrictions that go along with it. I am glad we're home, especially since if my water had broken it would mean that Gideon would have been in the nicu for a week or two, and I want a healthy baby.

At least now I don't have to feel guilty about not walking right? Since when I'm active I start having contractions every 7-10 minutes apart. Hopefully things will go smoothly until Thanksgiving when I hope we have a baby!

Speaking of babies, here is a funny video on birth control

No comments: