Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Break!

Title sounds exciting doesn't it? Well our week has been pretty uneventful. While Adam and I do not have classes, we have tons of work we need to catch up on. I am trying to get everything done early so when we have our baby I won't have papers to write in between feedings.

One big thing we are trying to get done this week is potty training Jerrod! He is pretty stubborn about using the potty, but he knows when he needs to go and will typically wake up dry in the morning. Yesterday was pretty exciting when we went to the movie and near the end started saying he had to go potty. His pull-up was dry and everything! Now if we can just replicate the scenario more. Not to mention my thought process just got interrupted from a little boy going to hide in the kitchen while he pooped :(

Drew is adjusting better to school. I went and spoke with his teachers on Friday about ways we can help him make more friends. He currently has his best friend Jaycob in his class, so the two of them will hang out with each other and not play with all of the other children. In his school he has two teachers, and two classes he goes between. He starts his day in one class for calender and then goes to the other class for language development where they do writing and reading in English. After lunch he will go between the two classes for math, art, and PE. He alternates with English and Spanish in these sections. He was staying with Jaycob all day, but this week his teachers and I decided to switch him, so now he is with Jaycob during language, since they both have English as their primary language and then they are separate for the rest of the day. His teacher was so cute also with telling the class that now Drew is a turtle (he used to be a frog in the other class) and will be with their class now so he got some extra attention that helps him to adapt better. He seems quite a bit happier now which Adam and I are both grateful for!

Tomorrow we should have an update on the baby. During the first ultrasound they found that his right ureter was dialated and there was something with his kidney, but I don't remember what my midwife called it. She told me that most of the time the problem resolves itself, but we are having an ultrasound tomorrow to double check that everything is fine. I have to admit I am happy we get another chance to check the gender since I am secretly still hoping that we made a mistake in the first ultrasound and our family will be blessed with a girl since this is most likely our last baby. Either way I really just want a healthy baby, but it would be nice to have the opportunity to raise a daughter.

No comments: