Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Go Diego Go!

That is what we are hearing as Jerrod runs around our house. I have to admit it is starting to drive me crazy, but he's doing it because he is wearing his new Diego underwear. Yep, that's right underwear! He is officially potty trained, but I'm sure we'll still have some hard days. He only started to have an accident once today, and stopped himself and finished in the potty, including through the night! We have also stopped reminding him, and when he needs to go he just runs off to the potty and does his business. I am such a proud mommy! I am also estatic to have a couple of months without changing diapers! Yeah! This will be Adam's and my first break since Drew was born, what a great feeling!

We took the boys to the Utah game on Saturday. They were good and we had lots of fun. For each game they have a special item that they sell for $5. This week it was a Utah Wig. I'll post some pictures of the boys in them in a few minutes. It also started raining near the end so they boys were in their yellow ponchos with bright red wigs. It was pretty cute.



We had the ultrasound last week. I don't have the results from the baby's kidney yet, but should know in the next few days if anything is wrong. I had an appointment today and my midwife had not gotten the results from the doctor yet. I asked her what they do if the ureter is still dilated, and she told me that she has never seen a case not resolve itself. So if there is still a problem that means the babies urine will reflux back up the ureter and into the kidney. I have heard to school age children having the condition, mostly girls, but never babies. I guess we will wait and see how it turns out. The one shocking thing is at the ultrasound I was a day before 32 weeks and our little guy measured at 35 weeks and 3 days, and weighed approximately 5lbs 13 oz. That is +- 15 oz, but still quite a bit bigger than the average weight of 4lbs at this stage in pregnancy. I guess we will be having another big boy, I just hope he stays under double digits.

2 comments:

jamieleighcall said...

I know too well those same words! Emma loves to say "swiper no swiping." It could be worse I guess (teletubbies! ugh) Hope you are doing well. I've been thinking about you.

Cami said...

Cute boys! My neighbor's baby was born with that reflux problem. They didn't know about it until he was a few weeks old and developed an infection. He's been on an antibiotic since then (Feb.) His case is rated a '3' on a scale of 1-5 so there's a chance he'll grow out of it, but if he doesn't they'll do surgery to correct it. Other than that he's been healthy, strong and a happy baby! Good luck!