Tonight Adam and I were able to go on a date, which was wonderful and much needed. I miss having time with him so much. After we got home, put the kids to bed I came back to look over some pharmocology material and thought I would do a quick check on facebook first. Well facebook was done so I went into my blog, not to post mind you, but to check the blogs of my friends and family. I saw that my cousin Lauralee had posted this video and while I usually choose to skip videos, especially church ones why? I'm not sure, but I do. Well I'm so glad I had.
Here is the video for any of you who actually read my blog and if you want to take a minute to watch it.
Well there it is and it's how I feel. I am having a hard time, life is so hard right now. Medical school is harder than I thought it would be. It is currently taking so much of my life and time that I am forgetting about some of the more important parts of life. Along with that I have let so many hurtful comments affect me more than I should have. Most of those have come from people at church and I have to admit I have grown harder and more calloused than I like to admit. While this message is powerful, what is more powerful is the spirit I felt while watching it. I been seeking the spirit and tonight it was a sweet reminder as well as an answer to prayers.
I do have a testimony of the gospel, I know the Savior lives and cares about me. He cares about how I feel as I try to memorize and learn an overwhelming amount of material. I know he wants me here, he wants me to be successful, and more than that he wants me to seek him out. I will continue to ask for his help and as I rely on him he won't let me down.
5 comments:
glad I posted it! you never know who really watches... but I too felt the Spirit and honestly it is something my parents have taught me over and over especially when I am struggling, to reach out... hang in there Amber... I am sure there is nothing easy about what you are doing- with the insensitive comments you hear remember you have so many people rooting for you!
I hope things start to get a little better... I'm not sure about med school, but in grad school I had a couple of years where I felt there was no light at the end of the tunnel, no hope for accomplishing the things I needed to, and no time for the people I love the most... I can say that things get better. And, I know you can do this!!As for hurtful comments from people at church, I think many of our fellow church-goers are well meaning, but forget to think before they speak. If they could spend a day in your shoes, and know your heart, they might be more quick to offer a helping hand, and less quick to judge... good luck Amber!!
Beautifully said Amber.
Amber, I understand the struggles you must be going through right now. Things can seem so overwhelming at times but like you said the Lord is on your side he is there to watch over you and strengthen you! We love you and know you are trying to do the best you can.
I'm sorry things are hard right now. You are a great person and will get through it.
Post a Comment