Monday, January 3, 2011

crafts

Here are some of the projects I worked on for Christmas presents.

I made this throw quilt for my sister. I used an Arcadia honey bun and my favorite Kona Snow for the white. I really loved the way it turned out. I backed it with soft flannel, hopefully this quilt gets lots of great use, I hope you like it Carly!

For all of the nieces and nephews I made these little bags. The bottom pocket is used as a crayon holder and it's the perfect size for a coloring book and a few other toys for church or anywhere else they want to take them. I also made one for Gideon who likes to drag it around everywhere calling it his purse.
For Bethany and Hannah I felt that they needed something a little more mature, so I came up with these using a Giddy charm pack, some random pieces of Bliss and some scraps. I think they turned out pretty cute.
And the back
Here's Hannah's, I think they both turned out really cute. I was really overwhelmed with the thought of making these before I started. The bags are all completely lined as well as the pockets for the girls. Now I think I'm going to make me a new bag for my medical supplies and a couple of scripture bags for Drew and Jerrod.
The back of Hannah's bag.
I also made a bunch of table runners, but I didn't get any pictures of them :( Oh well, maybe next time. Now on to finish some more bags and a quilt for my mom.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

WOW! Those look GREAT!!! Where did you find the pattern for the bags? I want to make one for Cal!

Carly said...

Yes I love the quilt! And the kids love their bags. You did such a good job on them all!!
Thank You.

Jenny said...

i love my quilt!!!!!