I can't believe it's 2011! I'm excited for the start of a new year and the time to reflect on the past year. Last year has brought a lot of changes to our family such as:
1. Having a suprise bonus baby=Sammie that has brought many blessings and smiles to our lives
2. Moving to California for med school
3. Adam starting with Western Govenor's University that allows him to work from home
4. Jerrod starting kindergarten
5. trying to find balance between school-family-church-exercise-and all of the other little activities that happen
6. Gideon getting potty trained=love only having 1 in diapers
7. Getting to buy girl things!
8. Watching the boys become better friends (I just asked them their favorite things and they said spending time together and playing with each other, how cute is that!)
9. Spending Christmas at home without family around.
10. Watching Drew grow and love scouts.
These are just a few and I'm sure I could continue this list all day. We have been very blessed this past year and are so grateful for all of our experiences.
With this reflection I have been trying to think of what I can do to help our next year be even better. I know one of the hardest things with our family, and I'm sure many others, is trying to fit so many things into so little time. Combining medical school with a family and 4 kids is definitely a challenge and now that I know a little bit more of what I need to do to be successful in my many roles I feel equipped to make some changes and goals for myself.
The goals I am going to make for this year are going to take constant balancing and stretching of myself, but that's what it's about right?
1. I really want to plan out my days better and make sure that I follow through with my plan the best as I can. I know things will always come up and I can be flexible with that, but when I set a goal to get up to get things done I really need to try and follow through with that.
2. Read my scriptures. I was thinking about when I felt I was the most spiritual and I believe it was when I was in high school and further pondering about why that would be I believe it is because I was very diligent in working on my testimony. I am going to try and fit in 5 pages every day, I think that will help me stay focused without taking as much time away from my school and family.
3. Lose 20lbs. I really want to get back into the rest of my clothes. Having 4 babies has been hard on my body but now is the time to get the rest of the weight off and be comfortable with myself.
4. Continue with keeping my evenings and Sundays study free family time. It is such a good break for me and lets me spend time and enjoy my sweet family.
That is all I am going to make for now, I may change/add/delete these but this is where I'm going to start.
Bring it on 2011, I'm ready!

2 comments:
Sounds like you are right on target!!! Love you!
Cute family picture!
Post a Comment