Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 3 and 4

Saturday night was awful in terms of sleep. Gideon was up puking all night and Adam and I didn't get much sleep because we were trying to take care of him. On Sunday Adam let me sleep in a little bit, he is such a great husband, and then I kept Gideon home with me while everyone else went to church.

Adam and Drew came home after sacrament and he called me and our conversation went something like this:
Adam "Ummm I think I'm lost"
Me "Well I'm not really sure how to help you" for those of your familiar with the area my dad lives out in Seabeck in the middle of pretty much no where, and while I can get around it I never know the names of the roads in Washington.
Adam "Well I'm on a road with lots of trees" Umm ya, that like gives you ANY info. . .
Me "Well turn around, go back to Seabeck and I can tell you how to get there from there"

He did get home, he missed a turn but I thought it was pretty funny in the context of where we were at.

We relaxed for awhile and then we went over to my grandparents for dinner. My Grandma had been really sick but still fixed us an awesome dinner. My grandma makes the best roast, gravy, potatoes, and carrots. It is by far my favorite meal. It's one of those that not only tastes incredible but it also has all of those happy childhood memories that goes along with it.



The kids decided to give each other horsey rides, it was pretty cute.
The next day we got up, packed and said goodbye. It's always sad, and here are the kids saying bye to the cousins.

This is what Drew and Jerrod were doing after they left, and what they claim to be their favorite parts of the trip.

Drew playing gameboy
Jerrod playing star wars.
My dad took us to the airport and our plane was delayed. On the way to Seattle our plane was an hour late leaving and it was an hour late going home as well. It was pretty frustrating, but SeaTac airport has this awesome play room so our kids got some energy out.


And I don't have any pictures, but Gideon decided to finish up our trip right by puking on Adam during the plane ride. Of course all of the extra clothes were packed so he got to finish the flight with his onesie. Thanks honey for being the one to hold him :)

Overall it was a great trip and I am so glad we got to go and see our family!

6 comments:

Trina said...

Sounds like you had quite the trip! I've only been to Seattle once, and got to go to Pike's Place, so I kind of know what your talking about. I'm glad you got to go.

Lauralee said...

do you know my shumaker cousins live out there in seabeck? and bobbie (my best friend growing up) does too, along with the rest of her family.. I wonder if they are all in the same ward?

Paul and Susan said...

I'm glad you got to come back to Washington for a visit. Sounds like you squeezed in a lot of things in the short amount of time you were here. It's no fun when the kids get sick, especially on vacation.

Alex said...

Hey Amber, hope all is going well for you guys. How did your applications turn out? I would love to hear how everyone is doing. Love, Alex.

Melissa said...

Hi! That's awesome you were over here in Seattle, we're loving our time here and you've inspired me to get out and see some of the sights before we leave next month. I hope all is going well for your family!

Melissa Walker

Carly said...

I think it's time to update your blog!! At least with some pictures of the boys! :)