Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 2, Point no Point and Birthdays

On day 2 Adam, Kylie and I started it out with a run, which was awesome but when we came back I noticed a pretty big scratch on my grandpa's suburban which I borrowed and used in Seattle. I was kinda freaking out because I couldn't think of how I would have scratched it. My dad called a guy he knows that has a body shop and we took it over and he buffed it out and gave us an estimate to take it in on Tuesday and get it fixed. Fast forward to the next day when we take the car back to my grandpa and I tell him about it. He started laughing and told me I didn't do it, but he did after he was locking up the church and tripped over some chairs, cut open his face and so as he was backing into the garage with a bloody rage over his face he hit the side of the garage. He also told me it looked a lot worse before I took it ;) How funny! Anyways I'm glad I wasn't the one to do it. Also the reason my hair looks crappy in the pictures was because instead of fixing it I was running around trying to fix my grandpas car.

Also Gideon got sick that morning and throwing up so Adam stayed home with him while we all went to play. Thanks honey for taking care of our sick little guy.

We didn't have time to go to the ocean, so instead we went to the next best thing on the peninsula, Point no Point beach. Can you see the huge tanker in the background making it's way into Seattle or Tacoma.

Jerrod found this whistle in his pocket and proceeded to blow it and conduct the waves, it was pretty cute.
The kids had so much fun finding shells. It was fun to watch them collect them compared to how I collected them when I was little. Growing up we were always pretty much on the water so I would only collect the pretty, whole shells. In contrast my boys thought it was so cool just to see any shells and collected any small fragment they could find. It was pretty cute.

After we got home we had a little birthday party for Jerrod and Hannah because it was almost their birthday. It was fun, and my dad loves to spoil the kids.
Each birthday kid got their own cake, here's Hannah's princess cake.
And Jerrod's tractor cake.
Thanks Dad for making the day such a fun one!

No comments: