Samantha sleeps like a champ! We had a rough start where she hated being put in her crib and we were holding her 24 hours a day. I followed a birth board on babycenter and one of the new moms posted about this product called the newborn rock n play sleeper. I was a little skeptical and did my research. From what I could tell most babies loved it, so I found a great rate on amazon and purchased this ugly thing.
We got it two days later and I was so excited to set it up. First night she went for four hours in it. Since then she generally sleeps about 6 hours from when we put her in it, then I nurse her in bed and she cuddles for another hour or two until we get up. One night we got a 7 hour stretch, and sometimes it's less than 6, but for a newborn I'll totally take it! Since we've had this I feel like myself again which is so great, it's amazing how much a little rest helps!
Our little sleeping princess.

5 comments:
"this ugly thing"...haha, you're funny. That cracked me up.
I love how you dress her, SO cute! She's precious!
Congrats, sleep is so essential.
she is so dang gorgeous!!!
I'm so glad you found something that helped her to sleep more at night. Thanks for sharing the information for other mothers that might need something like that. (Nicole is expecting a baby in June.) Would you recommend it from the start or wait and see how your baby does with sleeping the first month?
Susan I would totally get one from the start. Here is the page from toys r us with the reviews. It looks like most moms love it. Congrats on another grandchild!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3739296
Post a Comment